Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > Candles & Decorating > Candles & Decorating General
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Candles & Decorating General General discussion for all Candles & Decorating Consultants, including those without specific company forums.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Twyla

Uppercase Living

Has anyone ordered from them? I have a couple product questions
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Natalie

I have! I love their stuff!
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
RockStar

I've ordering something....but have yet to put it up!!!
RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
Twyla

OK two questions. Probably dumb ones LOL Can I pick the colors of anything in the catalog? I am looking at a theme pack that is going to be gone in a couple days, so I know I have to get it before it's gone. But I only want it if I can get specific colors. The other question, Another color thing lol. On the customer monthly specials. Do I get to pick the color for that? Thanks!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
LindaL

ok, I give. What's Uppercase Living?
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
Nooga Wax

Linda L. Thank you for the question, I want to know the same thing. I have not heard of them before.
Nooga Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
LindaL

Great minds think alike, LindaC!!
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Twyla

The sell cute sentimental quotes and stuff that you can put on the walls in your house
Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
RockStar

I am pretty sure that for the packs you can choose ONE color for the entire pack, you can't choose a different color for each saying. I didn't know there were montly specials so I don't know about that.

My friend is having a party this Friday....I will see if she knows.....this is what she had on her email to me to explain it....They offer hundreds of pre-designed catalog expressions as well as the option to custom design any expression you would like. These expressions can be placed easily and seamlessly on your walls or any other smooth surface. Witty phrases, spiritual quotes, meaningful sayings passed on for generations – you’ll find that Uppercase Living expressions complement your home with what they say as well as the way they look. It is great for apartments because it is easy to remove!!!
RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
Mellissa

I've heard of them, just never purchased from them. I do not like the idea of having to have someone contact you just to be able to see a catalog/their products!

TY PL for putting the catalog online...this way someone can see if they are interested first or not....like I was with them!

Don't want anyone contacting me unless I want to purchase something...call me cranky but that's how I roll
Mellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Twyla

Thanks Renae. If you look on the web site there is a customer resource button if you click that it will bring up PDF files one is for the Jan specials

I emailed the consultant but I haven't heard back. You can only order off the discontinured list until the 9th. It's a really cute flower pack that comes in two colors
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
abbylyn1

I have a book right here and this is what they say
Theme packs: Create your own wall art using our new theme packs! theme packs freature a set of complimentary image components that can be arranged on your wall any way you like! Available in any UL color, these Theme Packs allow you to add creative flair to any space.
Theme Pack designs will come arranged on one of two sheets (one for each color) as displayed in the gray & black catalog layouts shown in this catalog. Each image component should be cut apart and applied to the wall individually. Sizes of each image component are listed with the corresponding item number.
As for the gift one you are suppose to get to pick the color i read on my sheet that you are suppose to ask them when filling out the order form.
Hope this helps

Last edited by abbylyn1; 01-07-2008 at 02:56 PM..
abbylyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
Jamie-Iowa

Bringing this back up as I just put on a Welcome quote on my front door with a branch behind it. The branch is a sage green and the lettering is black. Looks really cool!

Thought I had better get it up as I'm actually having a show tonight with it. My sister-in-law started selling it about six months ago.

I have two other sayings to get up on the wall before tonight so I had better get that done along with the cleaning when I get home.

For those who have them, how do you like them and what kind of comments are you getting on them?
Jamie-Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
Twyla

Ok I am a slacker. I got some forever ago. But I still have to paint the bathroom before i put them up. I really need to get that done
Old 07-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
Val17

I have 2 up.
in my kitchen:
A happy kitchen is a messy kitchen and this kitchen is delilrious.

my daughter has the giraffe in her room.

My mom has a bunch up too, they look really neat.
Val17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #16
Traci

I have one that I have yet to put up. It is for my entry way, and it says

All because two people fell in love
Traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
kathi B

Can those of you who have these share some pictures? I would love to see how you all use these in your homes?
kathi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #18
Natalie

I have about ten of them.....

and I'll post pics tomorrow....

I have a huge letter A with a wreath around it in my kitchen. (last name begins with A ) I added two olive branches on either side as the wall it's on is 12' and at 18" it was looking a little lost.

On the opposite side of that header wall, living room side, is a saying that says

"Give Much, Gather Often, Greet Many"

In my dining room I have a huge saying that's 2.5' high and 5.5' long that reads:

"Bless all who gather here"

My son has one in his room that's on the wall above his laundry basket that reads,

"Drop your drawers here" with an old fashioned hand pointing down....one of my favorites!

And then I have several that are applied to ceramic tiles 12" x 12" that I got at Home Depot and display on a plate stand.....

My husband says we're done....I'm not so sure

I love the ones for the front door like you have, Jamie. However, my front door is mostly glass, so they won't work for me.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #19
Natalie

I have about ten of them.....

Last edited by Natalie; 07-28-2008 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: duplicate post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #20
adrien823

I'm intrigued by the comment about their products being good for apartments because they come off easily. Has anyone tried to take these products off of walls? Is it really easy, as they claim?

I'm moving into an apartment in about a month from now, and I would be very interested in purchasing a few things if they really do come off easily!
adrien823 is offline   Reply With Quote