Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > Candles & Decorating > Candles & Decorating General
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Candles & Decorating General General discussion for all Candles & Decorating Consultants, including those without specific company forums.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Bev

Clever, clever idea

I just took my mail out of the box and there was a small ( 9 x 5) flat brown bag inside. It had a big dot on the opening end to keep it closed, no return address and a label on the front with my name and address. The postage was also on the label.

Naturally it piqued my curiousity and I opened it. Inside was a folded up sale flyer from a local Honda dealer. Normally when I get these fliers, I toss them into the garbage without so much as a glance. But this had me curious so I read the flyer to see if there was any mention of why it had been sent that way. Nope, nothing special.

Then I started thinking. How many fliers, postcards, etc. have you sent to contacts only to be told later that the receipient never received it, etc.?

I have a whole list of contacts that I was going to call for the Sweepstakes whose e-mail addresses I have are no longer valid. I knew that calling them was going to be (and has been) a long process. So this weekend I'm going to buy a stack of brown bags and insert a copy of the sweepstakes info and send them out. I figure the money I spend on postage and printing will far outweigh the time it would take me to try to call each person.

Then I started thinking of all the other ways I could use a little brown bag in my business. I'll bet anyone you would send a party postcard to would open the bag!

What a clever idea this dealer had!
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Gena

You could do something clever with the bag too...

If using it with an invite post card... "free gift to anyone who return the bag filled with a canned good for "Local Food Pantry Name" ... and the gift could be a TL or Votive.

I bet you could think of some other ideas too....
Gena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Nooga Wax

I agree this could be a new way to make contact w/folks. I know when I get an envelope in the mail, I immediately look for the return address to see if I'm going to open the envelope or just toss it. Those envelopes that have no return address I'm much more likely to open.
Nooga Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
SemperGumby
Living Aloha - Semper Fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooga Wax View Post
I agree this could be a new way to make contact w/folks. I know when I get an envelope in the mail, I immediately look for the return address to see if I'm going to open the envelope or just toss it. Those envelopes that have no return address I'm much more likely to open.
That's so ironic, 'cause for me envelopes without return addresses are generally tossed unopened. I think it's the military security ingrained in me.

Life..it's not for the timid.
Check out our Bookclub
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Gena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
That's so ironic, 'cause for me envelopes without return addresses are generally tossed unopened. I think it's the military security ingrained in me.
Nah, b/c I don't have military security ingrained in me... and I toss envelopes w/o a return address.
Gena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
mtcandlelady

me too! No return addy - we don't open them.
BUT... we did have a car dealership send us a real life hallmark card in a nice envelope with their sale flyer inside it! We opened that one!
mtcandlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
Tammy 'n OK

Anything that will get my attention will get opened...

If you are given a second chance... GRAB IT!
Tammy 'n OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
Marianne

Love the idea of using it to send invitations to a party or open house then offer a gift for bringing any food items. Our local foodbank is in desperate need of $$ and food donations.
Marianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
Laura1103

I'm curious as to the size of label that was used and what was the postage?
laura
Laura1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
Bev

Label size is 4 X 2 - postage says paid so I don't know what it was.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Norma Ginger

From PartyLite Candle Lady

What a great idea!
Many stationery supply stores offer envelopes in different colors. I've used them before for my mailings.
As well, some party stores have the paper bags in other colors too.

Have a bright day!
Norma Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote