Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > Candles & Decorating > PartyLite Gifts® > Candle General
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Candle General PL Consultant discussions. Shortcuts to handy subforums: Leaders (private access), Retired Items and Urgent Needs (Premium), Catalogs & Paperwork: Give Away or Trade

Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
JerseyMom

Adventure At Sea COUNTDOWN!!

Its become so much more real now that my PACKAGE arrived today!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the navy blue & white BACKPACK!
& the nautical luggage tags!! OMC so cute!!!

Im on the Upper deck, (6th floor) balcony.

My Tshirt came in Meduim instead of a small. What can I do?????

How excited are U ladies & gents????

JerseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
JerseyMom

Id love to know what itineraries you ladies are thinking about???

We are doing the Beach Buggy/Snorking in Cozumel
7 mile Beach trip (& hopfully some Jet Ski'ing) in Grand Caymen
and the Atlantis in the Bahamas!

If its not to much $$$
Id love to do the sting ray thing, but Im leary after the whole Steve Irwins death.

Last edited by JerseyMom; 05-07-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Colette
HAPPY

Stacey, try calling PL about your shirt but I bet you might be able to exchange it at the desk on the ship perhaps? I have my hat on right now! I love it!!!!!!!! And I love the color of the shirt!

Mellissa and I are doing the stingray thing. Don't know the exact name of it but it's the one that includes rum beach or something like that.

One word that describes 2014 so far - HAPPY
Colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
AlisonDE
RL ~ GOTWAX

I want to do a snorkel/booze cruise on one of the port stops ...... definitely want to SHOP a little too ....... and there is a FUN (interactive entertainment - conga lines, dancing on the bar stools, etc.) Senor Frog's in Grand Cayman -I want to stop in there for a drink or two ....

I'M GETTING SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMK
AlisonDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Mellissa

Allison ~ have you ever been to Sr Frogs in Grand Cayman??? It is SOOOO much fun if you go with the right group Hope to see ya there and have a Sr. Drink with ya!!!

Just got my package as well...a little surprised the t-shirts are RED but that's cool, goes well with Blue and Khaki Lovin the bag and the luggage tags are way to cute!

Not sure who I'm rooming with in Miami.....they have a small issue going on with the girl whom thought her and I were rooming together!!! But I guess they will figure it out... Hey Colette ~ ready to book some excursions?
Mellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
JerseyMom

I was surprised they were red too. I think Navy blue would of went with the "theme"

Senior Frogs sounds great! Will definatly have to look that up!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
dtpsavvy
Inactive

Got my packet!! Yeah! Love the luggage tags.... I got room 1308 - BOTTOM OF THE BOAT!! arrgh... so it would be itneresting to find out what your points are and then what kind of room you got to see if they really did it by points...

I have 31,000 points and got bottom deck - outside room and no balcony.

Extra good news is that i fly in on Saturday night!! I get in at 11:pm that night so i can rest up from flying ALL day long from Calfornia before getting on the boat!

Can't wait to see everyone on the boat1
dtpsavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
dweggleston
Think Positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMom View Post
If its not to much $$$
Id love to do the sting ray thing, but Im leary after the whole Steve Irwins death.
I've done the stingrays at Cayman a couple of times. Love it when they wrap themselves around you to get the squid! The Steve Irwin thing was a freak thing - like the lady who got hit in the head by a flying eagle ray a couple of months ago. I feel pretty confident that the Croc Hunter wouldn't want you to miss out on such a great experience - it is really cool. One of the few times I prefer snorkeling to diving!

Debbie
dweggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
AlisonDE
RL ~ GOTWAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellissa View Post
Allison ~ have you ever been to Sr Frogs in Grand Cayman??? It is SOOOO much fun if you go with the right group Hope to see ya there and have a Sr. Drink with ya!!!

Just got my package as well...a little surprised the t-shirts are RED but that's cool, goes well with Blue and Khaki Lovin the bag and the luggage tags are way to cute!

Not sure who I'm rooming with in Miami.....they have a small issue going on with the girl whom thought her and I were rooming together!!! But I guess they will figure it out... Hey Colette ~ ready to book some excursions?
Yes - went there 2 years ago when I cruised with a big group of friends (there were 52 of us in our group - ranging in ages from 10 - 68 !!) We went to FROGS after doing the StingRay outing and had so much fun we almost missed getting back on the boat! :

I'm ready to do it again !!

AMK
Old 05-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
Mellissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtpsavvy View Post
Got my packet!! Yeah! Love the luggage tags.... I got room 1308 - BOTTOM OF THE BOAT!! arrgh... so it would be itneresting to find out what your points are and then what kind of room you got to see if they really did it by points...

I have 31,000 points and got bottom deck - outside room and no balcony.

Extra good news is that i fly in on Saturday night!! I get in at 11:pm that night so i can rest up from flying ALL day long from Calfornia before getting on the boat!

Can't wait to see everyone on the boat1

I only had 22,788 pts and I'm on the 2nd level So I don't see how they did this by pts??? Oh well I'm on that boat...and that to me is good enough!!!

Can't wait to hang with you guys and get to know you other than by typed words!!
Mellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
steph412
SUL ~Lo Lites

I came home no packet all my fellow Leaders were all excited. I went to move the car into the garage and WAMO Packet on the steps!

I love it all!!! Now it seems real that i'm going on the cruise!
I arrive in miami at 11am so i got a email from PL about a lunch they are having for us at the airport! Gota love PL!!!
steph412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
Colette
HAPPY

Steph, I get in around 10:30am too and will be there for lunch with you! Look for me!!!!

I was just under 22,000 points.

oh and you guys, look at your pocket itinerary, we leave Grand Caymen at like 3pm or 4pm. No Sr.Frogs for us!

One word that describes 2014 so far - HAPPY
Colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
JerseyMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette View Post

oh and you guys, look at your pocket itinerary, we leave Grand Caymen at like 3pm or 4pm. No Sr.Frogs for us!
Oh no!!!

I won 2 trips, & another girl in my region won one, & we are both on the same 6th floor

I just came back from the mall. I got the cutest white flops from Hollister with a white tee, and some awesome clearanced specials from Areopostale! I cant wait to pack my new clothes!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #14
myjbplbiz

Location: Lynchburg, VA Heart of Central VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
Well, I am only doing a book show or 2 each month and no home shows anymore, so no chance I could have earned the trip that way (by choice - personal reasons) but in my hayday with PL, I earned quite a few trips. My first trip was the last cruise. What a fantastic time we had! I bet you have a blast, and I hope you have great weather, great shopping, and meet great new friends. Please share pictures (on the non-premium board if you can) so we can all enjoy your trip with you!

Mellisa, I used to sit with you sometimes at Jennifer's regionals years ago when we were both adoptees, and again at conference. Blonde hair - crazy, from Lynchburg...remember me? I remember you were full of enthusiasm, and love for your business. Glad you're back after your hiatus and doing so well. Congrats!!!!
myjbplbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #15
tcg716

I'm so excited for all of you going - and selfishly bummed that I can't go... I earned the trip with room to spare, however will be too far pregnant for Carnival to let me on the ship... Same thing for conference, and since this is my first year in PL (started in October), I'm doubly bummed to miss them both...

I'm SO missing all the fun, and the extra goodies!!!

Take lots of pics, and I'll see ya'll next year!!
tcg716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
AlisonDE
RL ~ GOTWAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette View Post
Steph, I get in around 10:30am too and will be there for lunch with you! Look for me!!!!

Ahhh, but I disagree my fine Lime Kitty friend - I trust when we ARE on Grand Cayman it WILL BE 5:00 SOMEWHERE ........... and that means - FROGS !!!

AMK
Old 05-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #17
JerseyMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg716 View Post
I'm so excited for all of you going - and selfishly bummed that I can't go... I earned the trip with room to spare, however will be too far pregnant for Carnival to let me on the ship... Same thing for conference, and since this is my first year in PL (started in October), I'm doubly bummed to miss them both...

I'm SO missing all the fun, and the extra goodies!!!

Take lots of pics, and I'll see ya'll next year!!
As long as your under 36 weeks, your fine
& I went to DC conference 6 months PG, & another lady was 8.5 months PG.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #18
Jamie-Iowa

There was a lady that went to conference from our regional 8 years ago in Washington DC and ended up having the baby while there. She thought it was really cool.

They drove from Minnesota so they didn't have to worry about being on a plane.
Jamie-Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #19
Suzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonDE View Post
Ahhh, but I disagree my fine Lime Kitty friend - I trust when we ARE on Grand Cayman it WILL BE 5:00 SOMEWHERE ........... and that means - FROGS !!!

AMK
Suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
myjbplbiz

Location: Lynchburg, VA Heart of Central VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
I was pregnant on that cruise, too! I went to conference that year 7 1/2 months pregnant. With all the walking and waiting in line, and flippin' humid heat of St. Louis, it wasn't easy, but it was worth it. I had a blast, and it was a last hurrah before baby #2. You'll enjoy your free product from earing the trip, though. Not sure I would want to have a baby far from home, especially with my repeated delivery complications, but what a baby scrapbook! Talk about photo opp!!!!
myjbplbiz is offline   Reply With Quote