Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > BoB Auctions > 2005 Holiday Benefit Auction - Second Harvest
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
belindaj
Technical Staff

Auction Newsletter Emailed/Registered Auction User Cleanup

All registered users of the BoB Auction who have subscribed to the newsletter are receiving the following this morning. It's actually the first and only newsletter I've ever sent out LOL. But if you don't want to receive Auction News in the future (I wouldn't recommend it - because I anticipate lots of enhancements in the coming year!), all you need to do is log into your auction user account and go to your Control Panel and change the Newsletter Subscription setting to "No".

Quote:
Good Morning BoB Auction Users!

I just want to take a moment to remind you all of the final day of the BoB Benefit Auction. It is scheduled to end tomorrow, Thursday the 15th, with all bidding to end no later than Friday the 16th. For that reason, you can only place 1 day auctions at this time.

We chose not to close down the regular Members Auction throughout the Benefit Auction period because we certainly want sellers to be able to sell during this busiest time of the year. Donating items to the Benefit Auction is not a requirement of course, but I strongly urge each of you who are sellers on the auction - if you haven't offered some items for the Benefit Auction yet this year - please consider doing it today. It will make you feel great to support the beneficiary - Second Harvest - the Nation's Food Bank - and your buyers will appreciate that you are willing to give something back in the name of the community

Buyers - click on the Benefit Auction category to see a full list of all items that are still open for bids! We have some AWESOME items listed this year as all previous years!

If you have not ever participated in the BoB Holiday Benefit Auction - please be sure to read through the amended Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the Auction Homepage - as well as the sticky news items in the Benefit Auction forum on BoB. Here's a shortcut link to help you out http://www.bobforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=627

I would like to wish all of you and your families a very happy Holiday Season and best wishes for a super new year in 2006!

One last reminder - January will be our traditional "White Elephant and Clean Out Your Closets" Member Auction - during January only the normal restrictions on current DSA items will be lifted for sellers who wish to clean out their stash. As always - if you are a consultant with a company that prohibits online auctioning of your products - it is your responsibility to follow their rules.

Thanks for your active participation over the past year - the first time we ever had a venue for members to actively sell anywhere on BoB!

Belinda Johnson, webmaster
www.bestofboards.com
belindaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
belindaj
Technical Staff

The following auction users are being removed due to failed email addresses.
12/14: 36 non-deliveries out of 402 sent newsletters

Quote:
Removed Users List (have no feedback/no activity)

amykrueger
tommit2004
wswthompson
bloominbunny
chloeespa
idasells
I2SHORT67
morgann
iluvpitbulls
jusjbird

still under construction
If you are one of them - you will need to re-register with an active, current email address. Use of hotmail or yahoo free accounts is not recommended unless you are diligent about keeping your mailbox cleaned out, as they can fill up quickly and cause your email to bounce or fail.

As I clean up the database - if the user has member feedback and I recognize the name as an active BoB user I will attempt to contact you through PM before removing the account.

Quote:
These Users Need to Check your PMs by the end of today (have feedback/activity)

candlegirl (candlemomma here on BoB)
SandyH. (Sandy here on BoB)
wantitall (wantitall here on BoB)

still under construction
Sorry - we've asked everyone to please check your user account on the auction for complete and current information in the past month when we began the Benefit Auction. This is one thing I can't do for you
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Gena

I wasn't signed up for the newsletter, didn't see that. I think I have some auctions going that are actually going to close after that. Is that something you can change B?
Gena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Gena

I see that I can "close" now. So on those benefit auctions, I will just close them manually on Friday.
Gena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
belindaj
Technical Staff

Actually we've been editing dates so they should already be taken care of Gena. You won't need to close anything manually.