Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > Candles & Decorating > Gold Canyon Candles®
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Gold Canyon Candles® View the Company website Here

Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Mouse1995

Whats a?

So what is special about Gold Canyon Candles?

I'm from Michigan, and had only heard of them online until today. I was visiting a craft bazzar and there was a consultant. I was in a hurry so I didn't stop to ask any questions.

But can you tell me the benefits of a Gold Canyon Candle?

Thanks In Advance!

Amy
Mouse1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
Winona

Ditto. Never heard of them before and know nothing about them.
Winona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
JerseyMom

Im in NJ and Ive yet to see them here. Hopefully someone from the company would love to share all about them!!
JerseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
berger

I have been selling GC for over four years now. I love the product.

GC candles are double wicked and burn clean down the jar, no wasted wax like Yankee. These are highly scented and the scent burn just as strong as the first time you burn it. They have safety wicks- they will pop up so you can't burn them once the candle has burned too low. The wax if food grade parafin wax. The wicks do have a metal center BUT DO NOT contain lead.

I also don't have the smoke issues I had with Yankee. Be sure to keep you wicks trimmed and out of drafts. If you do get black on your jar (it's just inevitable sometimes) take a baby wipe and clean it off. Use a wick dipper to snuff out your flame so your candle doesn't smoke- never blow them out.

GC comes in several jar styles and sizes. There are also seasonal candle scents and containers. There are hard sided pillars, tapers, votives and tea lights.

The only other candle brand I have burned is Yankee so this is all I can compare to. I have had customers throw out their Yankees after burning GC.

I burn candles for the smell. I want the candle to scent most of the house, and have a scent that lingers. I don't decorate with candles other than a few select places- I am happy with what GC offers in holders as they suit my needs/tastes.

GC offers a very popular fundraising program. The prices of the candles is slightly higher for fundraisers, but organizations make up to 40%. The consultant earns around 10% I believe.

Please excuse my post here if it isn't clear, I don't do parties anymore as it is too hard with my girls. I basically sell to my fellow candle addicts!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #5
amyspike

i love gcc...they smell up my whole house better than any other candle
amyspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
Mouse1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
Please excuse my post here if it isn't clear, I don't do parties anymore as it is too hard with my girls. I basically sell to my fellow candle addicts!

Thanks for the reply!
Mouse1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
Wendy...

I have A LOT of friends who these candles......

Personally, I don't care much for them......but, I am definitely a minority around where I live.......
Wendy... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Zylafone

They are very strongly scented! I've never burned them myself, but my ex-SIL burns them all the time. Everytime I would walk into her house, it smelled soooo yummy!
Zylafone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
candleladysharon

My neighbor sells them -- and I've tried a few. The TLs are really soft and don't burn as long as PL. They do have a very strong scent, and they burn HOT --- probably because of the double wicks in the jars. They do liquify nicely, but I have had a lot of issues with smoke/soot, particularly witht the jars. And personally, I don't care for the metal in the wicks!
candleladysharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
berger

I'm glad there are a variety of products out there that we can all chose from!! I'm happy with these candles, I'm glad you are happy with yours! I think we all have different expectations, likes and dislikes!
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Deanna64

I am burning a gold canyon right now and it smells wonderful!! I am very picky about my candles and there are a few that I will burn and GC is one of them.

I am with the other company, but if I wasnt Gold Canyon would be the one I choose.

Deanna
Deanna64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Irish_Genes

Thanks for your response, Berger! I didn't know much about GCC until now. I need to take a look at their website. I've tried lots of candles and have used Yankee most frequently because I can find them just about anywhere.

Do you have a favorite scent or style/size product?
Irish_Genes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
berger

Irish- I like the Heritage 26 oz jar because it is the best value. These are the core scents and most seasonal scents. It is cheaper than a Yankee 26 oz including shipping and tax. (unless Yankee is having a sale). It is $17.99.

My favorite all time scent is Pomegranate. It doesn't have a perfumy smell. It smells great layered with Sugar Cookie. Burn them at the same time.

Pumpkin Pie and Mulled Harvest are wonderful this time of year. The Christmas scents are very nice too. It just depends on what Christmas smells you like. The Holiday Wreath sells well to those with fake trees but they want the scent of fresh.

What types of scents do you gravitate toward?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #14
mapleaddict

I have a few GC jars, small and large (and some are thanks to Berger!). I have never found a candle as well scented and long-lasting as GC's, including those from PL and LB, and Yankee. I think GC is in a class by itself.
mapleaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #15
indipam
Inactive

I agree with Mapleaddict....GC is my very favorite candle. I have even considered joining the company just so I can order for my family & me.

My favorite summer scent is "Clean Sheets".....it's not flowery, just smells fresh & clean.
indipam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #16
amyspike

i just placed an order for clean sheets and denim!
amyspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by indipam View Post
I agree with Mapleaddict....GC is my very favorite candle. I have even considered joining the company just so I can order for my family & me.

My favorite summer scent is "Clean Sheets".....it's not flowery, just smells fresh & clean.
Well now might be the time to join - you can join for FREE until 11/30/07 with the first 2,500 people who join. You do have to do $1,000 in sales or you'll be charged for the kit (I'm not sure of what the deadline is). I have a friend who sells and she's so excited - she's gotten 4 recruits from this promotion.

Marianne
Marianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #18
ang79

New Demo special

Yes, the November new Demo special is still available. It is for the first 2500 new demos that sign up in Nov. As of yesterday they already have 1250 new demos, so this special won't last long! It is a great way to start though, because on top of getting your kit for free, you have all of your commissions, override commissions, and as long as the $1000 is made up of at least 3 party orders, you get $100 in FREE product for completing your first quick start level!

If anyone else has any Q's about this special, feel free to PM me.

Angie

Last edited by Lissa; 11-09-2007 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: removed email - please use PM system for communication
ang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 AM   #19
momoftwins+1

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I have purchased Gold Canyon many times. These are by far the strongest scented candles I have ever burned.

There have actually been a few scents from them that I purchased and they were soooooooooooo strong I couldnt even burn them. One jar candle burning will scent up your whole house.

They are less expensive than a lot of jar candles out there. I have found that they smoke just as much as the next candle.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but as far as a I can tell they dont have much of a hostess program?

I think its just a matter of preference. Different candles fit different applications and fill different needs.

So...to sum it up, GC are great candles. Make great gifts and if you want someone to think you are baking something yummy burn one!
momoftwins+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #20
ang79

Hi momoftwins+1,

I have been using GC candles for a year now and when I compare them to other candles I have in my home (Yankee, wal-mart ones, etc.), I do not notice smoking, as long as I trim my wick to 1/4 inch before burning and only burn for up to 4 hrs. at a time. I also use the wick dippers that Gold Canyon sells. If you dip the wicks in the melted wax to extinguish them, you will not have smoke.

As for your question about our hostess program, I am not sure of the hostess programs for other companies, but I do know that my hosts have always been happy with what they receive. My hosts have gotten between $40 to $130 of free products, in addition to several 50% items, all depending on how high the party sales are. The hostess rewards can be used on anything in our catalog. The nice thing about GC is that there only needs to be $150 in party sales for hosts to start earning rewards. Also, party bookings are not needed to reach certain levels of rewards, our booking incentives are an added bonus.

If you have any more questions, let me know, I'd love to help!

Angie
ang79 is offline   Reply With Quote