Best of Boards Forums  

Welcome to the Best of Boards Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Best of Boards Forums > Candles & Decorating > Gold Canyon Candles®
Mark Forums Read
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts

Gold Canyon Candles® View the Company website Here

Old 11-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
Ginamarie

Wow - I'm shocked your PL votives did not liquify. When my votives are done (and I have a ton of holders all different styles) all over the house, all that is left is the little metal piece from the wick. Too bad you didn't let the consultant know your experience, they would have probably been replaced for you.

I do sell PL but I do agree some scents are not as strong as the others and I don't see anything wrong with stating that. Also, everyone's senses to smell are different as well so what is faint to me could be strong to another.
Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #22
berger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
So I'll be looking for a GC candle in my area as I'm sure it's sold in stores? and I'll let my snozzer test the strength.
If you find someone who is selling in a retail environment it is a big no no. GC no longer has a retail program. If you find this to be the case you are not dealing with someone playing by the rules.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #23
A.K.

Angie,
Thanks for the reply. I tried at least five different jars, and my mother still buys and burns them even though they smoke. My sisters only tried a couple of jars that my mother gave them and then decided not to buy any because of the smoke. We all loved the colors and scents but experienced that same smoking problem. One thing I am thinking about is that all of these jars came from the same lady. My mother purchased all of them for us through a lady she knows that sells them. Since this isn't a normal problem and it's happened consistently in four different households for us perhaps something is up with the distributor or the way she stores her candles.

Do you think this is a possibility? Hmmmmmm???? Angela
A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
berger

I think the colors of the candles can burn differently. I don't really pay much attention to them to remember what colors cause the issues- also because I just don't always snuff them out.

I do keep the ones I burn the longest on the stove where I have a tile backsplash. I don't notive smoke problems in the bathroom with moisture although I don't burn them in there often- only when I go through bath phases- even then I don't have smoke on my walls like Yankee did. In the living room I don't have problems.

If you do have issues with the smoke but you do want the strong scent, look into our Scent Pods that we just came out with. They are smallish containers that go on a warmer. They are more shallow than candles so you won't have candles "burp" wax like some people I have heard of happening. They haven't been too happy with the was on their ceiling or walls.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #25
Deanna64

This is why I like our candles the best. Strong Scent, no black smoke or black jars and you can sell retail. The best thing is that youll get residual income, which means a check every month for building your team.

If you would like more info, come join us on a call tonight 9 pm Eastern just pm me and Ill give you the link.

Each of the three companies, have their own perks but you have to find what works for you and your household.

Deanna
Deanna64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #26
berger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna64 View Post
This is why I like our candles the best. Strong Scent, no black smoke or black jars and you can sell retail. The best thing is that youll get residual income, which means a check every month for building your team.

If you would like more info, come join us on a call tonight 9 pm Eastern just pm me and Ill give you the link.

Each of the three companies, have their own perks but you have to find what works for you and your household.

Deanna
I'm confused, which company do you sell for? I thought you sell Gold Canyon. If so how are you able to sell retail? The retail program was done away with when they change to a party format from distirbutor model in the summer of '06. Now you can only sell via home shows, personal orders, internet or if your demonstrator happens to have an item in stock.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #27
Deanna64

I love Gold Canyon for their scents and some of their products, I love PL for their accessories (I used to be a PL rep) now I sell for Mia Bella.
We have retail, residual and fundraisers.

This is totally your business, no one higher up telling you cant do what you want. The only thing they frown on is selling at Ebay.
So sales quota, no stress!!!! No stress of parties, if you dont want.

We offer COTM (candle of the month) or associate where you can join for free. You just dont get the website, which you will have to call in your orders and you dont make as much residual on your downline.
If something were to ever happen to me, my downline would go to my granddaughter and she would start up where I left off.

I can only rave about this company, Ive been with it for almost two years and love every minute of it.

Deanna
Deanna64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #28
Nooga Wax

I am a PL consultant and while I love our products, my husband introduced me to GC candles. We alternate between burning his candles and mine depending on what we are trying to achieve. Beauty and light scents call for PL, a lovely strong scent in a jar, then we use GC candles. The thing I am amazed at with the GC candles is one or two jars are all we need to have the scent in the entire house and with the PL candles, you need to use more wax to achieve the same result.
Nooga Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #29
decordiva1

As a PL consultant I just want to make the addition that sometimes stronger is not always better. PL fragrances come in both strong and lighter scents and I often wonder if the company does this on purpose. If you are burning any amount of candles (as many people do) a strong scent would blow you right out of the house. If you are someone that burns only one candle at a time then, yes, you would want a strongly scented candle. I haven't personally burned the GC candles but I will be testing them to see how they compare. It won't change my love of PL (the company is just too good), but I am curious.
decordiva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #30
ILoVeGoldCanyon

I love the fact that GC has some funk sounding candles but smell sooo amazing! ps.
ILoVeGoldCanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #31
mikilana
Standing on my own 2feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoVeGoldCanyon View Post
I love the fact that GC has some funk sounding candles but smell sooo amazing! ps.
Welcome! make sure you go introduce yourself in the welcome forum!

Genuine Friendship will survive any dispute or competition and true partnership provides strength in times of trouble and confusion...
mikilana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
ILoVeGoldCanyon

okey dokey i did that! What are some favorite scents of GC that you guys like?

oh and another thing in the kit does the demo manual come or if we want that do we have to print it out
Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #33
ILoVeGoldCanyon

ughhh so the new summer product knowledge came out and i just prited the spring one not that long ago because im new.... i dont want to sit through the printing 89 pages! HELP?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #34
jms2005

Smile GC vs PL

I noticed that those two companies are different for a lot of reason and yes, I do agree that PL candles are softer and lighter in scent-wise while GC candles are strong and only needed one jar.

For me personally, strong scented jar leaves me nauseated that I couldn't handle it.

My mother have COPD, and her doctor ordered her NOT to have anything "scented" throughout her house. Funny thing is, he told her that she cannot even have candles because of the sulfur burn that would irritate her lungs. I didn't realize when I offered unscented ones just for color and display... so for now, I gave her some ideas of using some of the products for decorations only, food-safe, can be used as a vase for her unscented flowers (yeah, unscented!). Well, turns out she's got over 10 different vases in all shape, size and color. Guess that's out.

I have few of my clients who preferred the gentle scents of PL compared to the strong scents of GC. While others preferred the the GC.

It all depends on individual's taste and desires.

~j~
jms2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #35
patti9303

Whats PL?
patti9303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #36
kimbercandle
Crafting away

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti9303 View Post
Whats PL?
PL is partylite

kimbercandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #37
elise.texas
Inactive

I haven't seen this noted anywhere yet so I thought I'd mention it...one big advantage of becoming a consultant with pl is that there is NO START-UP COST!

If it were me I'd do my research and if I still wasn't sure I'd try PL first...worst thing that can happen is you decide you prefer the other company and get to keep your starter kit for FREE.

On a sidenote this can also make it easier to get recruits because the potential consultant doesn't have to pay anything.

I am a PL consultant. I like that PL is soooo multi-faceted. We offer fundraisers, candles, spa items, room deoderizers, decorative accesories, food items (starting next year for all consultants). I love that I can say I have something to offer EVERYONE. We have stronger candles and weaker ones.

Just my 2 cents.
elise.texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #38
PatriciaGC

Gold Canyon offers free kits too!

Greetings! As a Gold Canyon Independent Demonstrator for the last five years, I can tell you that it is a WONDERFUL company!

Gold Canyon has three different kids currently available. Additionally, Gold Canyon not only offers a three payment plan but, they give you an opportunity to earn your kit for free! Better still....you get to KEEP your commission on the sales that you get and a free kit!

Another fantastic feature is that hostess & customer rewards are paid for by Gold Canyon and do not come out of the demonstrator's profits.

Gold Canyon is no longer just a candle company either. We are the "World's Finest" in fragrance.....we have our double-wicked, cool-burning candles that burn evenly; we have pod warmers & scent pods; Homeology, which is our eco-friendly, plant-based home cleaners; Emerge, our total body care line; and most recently, we have top of the line Parfum! These various products mean that you can still earn revenue even if someone doesn't need any candles "right now".

Patricia

Last edited by kimbercandle; 11-02-2009 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: personal website removed
PatriciaGC is offline   Reply With Quote